9/02/2005

The Remarkable Record of Job



This book is written by DR Henry Morris. Former director of the Institute for Creation Research and author of many books on creation. I was actually able to meet Dr Morris last March at Grace Community Church's Shepherds Conference in Burbank California. ICR had a booth set up with at least 20 different books for sale most of which were written by Dr Morris. One of the days of the conference Dr Morris was there and I was able to shake his hand and tell him how important his ministry has been to me. A couple of months later I purchased The Remarkable Record of Job. Once I started reading it I could hardly put it down. There are not many books on the book of Job and most of the material available is in commentary format and can be quite intimidating especially when you get into the "3 Cycles". Dr Morris has masterfully summarized the book bringing to the surface many wonderful insights.

The Remarkable Record of Job is unlike any of Dr Morris' previous books. Dr Morris wrote the book in order to bring to the surface many details that are easy to miss within the book of Job. He discusses history, Creation, the Flood, Science, Satan, Gods Sovereignty and Redemption in Christ in a way that is very applicable to the world in which we live in. In honor of DR Henry Morris I have added ICR to my list of Links. Be sure to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home