1/04/2008

Stephen J. Nichols

About two years ago I was introduced to an author by the name of Stephen J. Nichols. Stephen is known most for his superbly written biographies as well as church history related books. He has written biographies on Jonathan Edwards, Martin Luther, and J Gresham Machen. He has also edited small booklets on Martin Luthers 95 Theses and Jonathan Edwards Resolutions. For Christmas I received a copy of one of his newer books titled An Absolute Sort of Certainty: The Holy Spirit and the Apologetics of Jonathan Edwards. I look forward to reading this since Apologetics has been a subject that has interested me for some time now. Stephen J Nichols is a great author to try out if you have not read many biographies since his writing style is easy to follow and his ability to communicate the most profound issues of the day regarding the subject whether it be an individual such as Martin Luther or the era as is seen in his book The Reformation: How a Monk and a Mallet Changed the World. Here is another link to a picture and a short summary of his position at Lancaster Bible College.

I was also given a book by Bryan A Follis titled Truth With Love: The Apologetics of Francis Schaeffer. It will be nice to see how some of the great Apologists have personally applied what I have been studying concerning the difference between a Classical Apologetic and a Presuppositional Apologetic. This should be enjoyable since Francis Schaeffer was ahead of his time and all of his writings are just as applicable today as they were when he wrote them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home